JOB POSTING: Postdoctoral fellow
Areas of research
Civil engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, parametric design, building information modeling
Overview of the position
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral fellow (PDF) position for a research project at ÉTS with an industrial partner in design and manufacturing of mobile partitions systems for construction.
The project is led by Prof. Tan Pham (Department of mechanical engineering) and Prof. Conrad Boton (Department of construction engineering) and includes two graduate students and the staff of the industrial partner. The objective of the research is to develop a parametric design tool using Revit for the products of the industrial partner. This position will be supervised by both professors above mentioned with strong collaborations with the industrial partner.
We are seeking one postdoctoral fellow with a research and/or practice background working on the parametric structural design and building information modeling using Revit to work as a member of the developing team in this project. The candidate will be a lead contributor to peer reviewed publications, technical reports, and conference proceedings; tool development; assist in the supervision of students; and participate in meetings with academic, industrial, and government partners.
Description of duties
The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for:
- Conducting an extensive literature review on the state of the art in parametric structural design and building information modeling
- Executing a data collection from the production of the industrial partner
- Analyzing and improving the parametric design of the products with the available database
- Developing a tool in Revit using API for updating new data and list of price
- Assisting with the supervision of Master’s candidates working in this project
- $50,000/ year
- Ph.D. degree in engineering, or related field awarded within the past 5 years
- Experience with structural parametric design, CAD, programming, database
- Familiarity with Revit, and similar software
- Familiarity with SQL, and similar database
- Programming using python, C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team and a drive to create own novel research direction.